The Perfect 2019 Spring Color Palette for Your Home
Welcome, springtime! This season is full of life, new beginnings and endless possibilities. You might be asking, how can my home décor channel the beauty of the world outside?
Homeowners like you can begin with a beautiful spring color palette! As the world “wakes up” in your backyard, bring nature indoors by incorporating fresh color in your home.
2019 Color Trends
When it comes to your spring color palette, paint is an impactful and bold way to begin. Check out these three colors of the year for inspiration!
- Pantone’s Color of the Year: Pantone 16-1546 “Living Coral” - Pantone, best known for its Pantone Matching System (PMS), chose a beautiful coral color as their 2019 “color of the year.” According to their website, this color “symbolizes our innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits” and “embodies our desire for playful expression.” Those are themes we can get behind!
- Benjamin Moore’s Color of the Year: “Metropolitan” AF-690 - More neutral than Pantone’s pick, the experts at Benjamin Moore chose “Metropolitan,” a calm grey color, as their 2019 color of the year. Benjamin Moore describes it this way: “Calm, composed and effortlessly sophisticated, Metropolitan AF-690 exudes glamour, beauty and balance.” If one color wasn’t enough, “Metropolitan” is supported by a coordinating palette of 15 additional hues.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Color of the Year: “Cavern Clay” SW7701 - Last, but certainly not least, Sherwin-Williams’ color of the year is a warm, terracotta color called “Cavern Clay SW7701.” According to their website, this color represents renewal and simplicity with a bohemian feel – great things to channel in 2019!
Employing a new color palette in your home isn’t limited to paint. Consider how your décor can express the season.
If you’re not ready to commit to coral-colored walls, add a fun throw pillow or a beautiful vase. Try new color combinations on your mantel. Or, swap out a piece of old wall art for something new.
These are risk-free investments that allow you to play with color and embrace the beauty of changing seasons. Check out more ideas below!
Color Your Home
- Paint a room or accent wall with trending spring color. Remember, light colors do wonders for making small rooms look larger.
- Plant flowers and plants with beautiful spring colors. Don’t forget landscape lighting to illuminate these colors at night.
- If you’re in the market for a new mixer or toaster, choose small appliances that add a pop of color to your countertop.
- Build shelves and other storage solutions to display your colorful décor.
- Clean your windows so beautiful colors outdoors shine through!
Need help making your spring color palette dreams a reality? Our Neighborly professionals are ready and excited to assist you in coloring your home. Explore our family of brands and connect with a home service professional in your neighborhood today.
How Long Does It Take to Paint the Exterior of a House?
Decorate Your Front Porch to Add Character to Your Home