DIY Outdoor Furniture for an Updated Yard Space
Open the windows and leave the door cracked – it’s a beautiful day outside! Out with the cold and in with the warm, summer sunshine. Are you utilizing your “outdoor living room” like you could be?
If you’re looking to update your yard space this summer, we’ve compiled some great DIY outdoor furniture ideas all in one place. Time to prep for those backyard barbecues and pool parties!
Set the Stage
Chances are, your spring cleaning efforts were focused on the inside of your home. Now is a perfect time to extend those efforts outdoors! Your new furniture will look best in a well-maintained and beautiful backyard space.
- How’s your deck holding up? Don’t repair or expand it without reading expert tips from Mr. Handyman first. Learn how to stain it, add new seating and more.
- How about dirt, grime, mildew and algae on your patio, deck or the side of your home? Meet the pressure-washing pros! You space will be ‘spick and span’ when Window Genie is done with it.
- Speaking of ‘spick and span,’ how clean is your existing outdoor furniture? If it could use a pick-me-up, check out this blog for the experts at Molly Maid. Get the grime off your tables and cushions!
- Imagine yourself stretched on your new DIY chaise lounge (keep reading for instructions!) and looking out into the distance. What do you see? The Grounds Guys can ensure beautiful shrubs, trees, flowers and plants are in view!
- Is your grill ready for that backyard barbecue? Check out these cleaning and maintenance tips from the experts at Mr. Appliance. Your appliance will thank you!
Do It Yourself
Ready, set, DIY! Check out some of our favorite do-it-yourself outdoor furniture ideas.
- Outdoor Theater – When the barbecue is over, why not have a movie night under the stars? The Horticult has instructions to create a beautiful outdoor theater.
- Outdoor Theater Seats – Need some seats for your new theater? Stacy Risenmay at Not Just a Housewife has instructions for easy and adorable ones!
- Patio Table w/ Ice Boxes – What could be better than a great table? A great table with ice boxes inside. Great idea, Remodelaholic!
- Outdoor Sofa – Sit awhile! Check out this easy outdoor sofa project from BuildSomething.com.
- Chaise Lounge – Tanning poolside this summer? Build this outdoor chaise lounge, also from Buildsomething.com.
- Rope Ottoman – Don’t get rid of that old tire! Create this pretty rope ottoman for fun extra seating or a footrest, courtesy of Style Me Pretty Living.
When you’re finished DIY-ing, grab a cold ice tea and cool off indoors! Our friends at Aire Serv can ensure your HVAC system is ready for the summer heat.
Need a home service professional? We know a few! Get to know our family of home service brands at Neighborly.com.