At the end of a long day, tackling that pile of dishes in the sink likely isn’t your idea of relaxation.
If cleaning doesn’t strike you as therapeutic (if it does, you’re a lucky one!), don’t worry – your friends at Neighborly have compiled some unique ways to make cleaning the house fun for everyone!
- Crank up the tunes! Putting on music or a movie will make cleaning feel more like an event and less like a chore. Let your kids take turns picking their favorite songs to add to the queue.
- Purchase fun items such as mop slippers, weird-shaped sponges, a funny cleaning outfit or kid-sized cleaning supplies to accompany your “event.”
- Make your own cleaning products or invest in high-quality products you actually want to use. Store them in pretty bottles and containers so you’ll want to take them out and show them off!
- Set a cleaning timer to challenge yourself – and to take well-deserved breaks once in a while.
- Create a cleaning checklist with check boxes so you there’s no confusion about what’s coming next. Helpers will feel accomplished when they can put a big mark or sticker by their tasks!
- Make the experience interactive! Start a cleaning competition, toss supplies to each other, or sing loud and proud.
- Work out as you clean. Finished sweeping the kitchen? Stop and give me 20!
- Implement a regular cleaning routine in your household. That way, you’ll never have to clean for long – you’ll be doing frequent touch-ups rather than constant deep cleans.
- Reward yourself and your helpers with a treat when you’re halfway and all-the-way done. Or, hide treasures for your kids to find as they clean.
- Treat yourself to a bouquet of flowers to finish off your clean and adorn your spotless kitchen. Knowing you’ll get to display them at the end will help keep you motivated!
Before you know it, your home will be clean and tidy. Time flies when you’re having fun!
Whether you need professional cleaning or any other services around your home, the Neighborly family of trusted home service experts is here to help.